Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Turning Sadness and Stress, Into Creative Energy!

My Bunco gals got together
for an evening of gab
and a BBQ !

Love that it was hosted
by Barb, not only is she
a wonderful hostess, but she lives on a
beautiful serene lake, in the country!
It's so quiet, calm and peaceful!

If I decided to go,
 I was  making a fruit salad to share
with the girls.

I got detoured a bit, by
some sadness.

 Our sweet Uncle Tom's
illness had him back in the hospital,
his body wasn't responding well,
the cancer throughout his bones
and the chemo, had taken a toll on
his already tired body. 

While waiting for word on my Uncle,
the salad I was going to make
ended up turning out like this...


~a fruit bouquet~



~yummy fresh fruit~


~add some dip~

Fruit Dip:

Philly Cheese
           Marshmallow Creme

Mix thoroughly!

Enjoy~

Delish~

And the best part
 is,
My Aunt Mary called
with good news!

Uncle Tom started
responding,
and his
tests were coming
back so much better,
and he's resting
comfortably!
YAY!
~*~

I decided to go
to the Bunco
get together
after all.

All the girls made it
so special, the food was
delicious and the fire
down by the lake
was as warm as
the conversation!

OMG...
and then Barb brings on
the dessert!

Brownies, vanilla ice cream,
strawberries & chocolate
chip cookies!

I'm linking to Cindy's blog
My Romantic Home
for

Thanks for taking the time in
your busy day to visit my blog!

Please leave a comment, I
read each and every one of them, 
they truly make me smile!

Always, Debbie~




7 comments:

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

How nice to have friends that live lakeside...almost nothing better, and if she can whip up WONDERFUL desserts too...all the best in one pkg.
I am sure you have heard this before but desserts..is "stressed" spelled backwards.

Rose

The White Pear Tree said...

I'm glad you got good news about your uncle! It must have made your evening even much better. What a beautiful fruit bouquet, so cheerful!

Nayana said...

Beautiful fruit bouquet, hope your uncle feel better.

Janet said...

Thanks, Debbie for stopping by and leaving sweet comments! Your salad looks very impressive and the recipe for fruit dip-I'll have to try!
My husband knew I was getting rid of his Frasier chair and said his good-byes!:)
Blessings,
Janet

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie, Thanks so much for stopping by, I see your talents are for sure in creating wonderful meals and party eats, I bet you are creative elsewhere as well. I'm going to have a peek around, Your sweet comment on my blog sent me right over, it is so nice to meet you. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs Marilou

♥ Miss Tea said...

oh i'm so glad that you uncle Tom responding and that the tests came out good, i will pray for him. I do love your fruit bouquet, so colorful, so fresh and juicy and the arrangement you made is beautiful!

Blessings,
Susan

RedBettySummer said...

Thank you for sharing about your saddness turned to relief and joy. How else do we get through these hard days, except by turning to our friends for support. You fruit flower bouquet is wonderful. I hope your week goes well.