Monday, January 25, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life


Last Saturday I was excited to go to a huge
antique & Collectible show at The Puyallup Fair
grounds! Lucky for me, my guy had agreed to take me
(he just loooves antique shows) Just kidding! :) I
think he actually enjoyed himself, but he would NEVA
EVA let on that it was so! Anyway~

We saw a lot of things we actually have and had
fun looking at what the dealers had them priced
at and we also saw a few things we(okay that I)wanted,
but I was good, and kept in mind, that I'm trying
to de-clutter and simplify my life...
I only bought a few items and a couple of them
were things I really needed.

We were getting to the end of our day when we saw
a fabulous display from 'It's a Wonderful Life'!
Jerry commented to the fellow behind the counter
on how they had cornered the market on just about
any memorabilia item from the movie and the gentleman
smiled and shared that the beautiful women beside him in
the booth, (busy talking with people) was actually the
little girl Zuzu from the movie!!!

I've always looved 'It's a Wonderful Life', so this was
a real treat to meet Karolyn Grimes (Zuzu Baily) in real life,
and listen to her talk about the movie I'd grown up with!
For a recap of the film, it came out in 1946 and was
directed by Frank Capra, starring Jimmy Stewart, Donna Reed,
and Lionel Barrymore to name a few! It was nominated for
5 Oscars that year! If you've somehow missed this wonderful
movie, please rent it or watch it next Christmas, it's such
a wonderful classic! Karolyn was very kind and let me take
a picture of her and was sweet enough to let me post it on
my blog! Thank YOU Karolyn, you're a classy lady!


Always, Debbie~

No comments: