Saturday, November 6, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

I've been working on a few things
including my house...I seriously
need a Fairy God Mother :)!

There was a time not too long ago,
I could do anything I put my mind
too...

ANYTHING!!!

I could get things done in a timely
manner and never had to worry about
running out of time or whether or not
I could do something...that was NEVER
the question...

What the heck happened???
Seriously is it age? (I really
am having a difficult time
believing that...)

WHAT THEN?

I keep running out of time...
it doesn't seem to matter
what I'm doing, time just FLIES!!!

I use to be able to pull an all nighter
just to finish a project,
but the thought of doing
that is...
well
fleeting
to
be
truthful!

I can do it if I'm
on Winter break
or
Summer vacation
(not working)!

BUT REALLY,

it's NOT as easy as it was
not so very long ago...

So, if your Fairy Godmother
isn't booked for
all of
your Christmas
Holiday,
could
you,
Would YOU?
Please
share
her
with
ME?

Because, I really truly could have
used one this week for the
Bridal shower I was
working on
for my friend!

~*~

The bridal shower for my co-worker
was yesterday, and it was
so much fun!
I worked late Thursday night
on the cake...and was
it perfect???

NO,

but Nancy was thrilled,
and somebody
even thought I'd bought it,
so maybe it wasn't
as bad as I
thought it was...

HOWEVER,

My McGiver told
me not to
quit my day job!
He said,
"Time wise, it
just wouldn't be profitable"!

Here are a few pictures.





~Bride cupcake I made~


~names added to place cards~


~the not so perfect cake~


~with Bride & Groom~

I forgot to mention
the top layer was
white,
the middle
was strawberry
and
the bottom layer
was orange flavor...

I sent the top layer
home with the bride-to-be.
The girls loooved the
combination flavors
and what they
didn't eat,
they took home!!!

Everyone had a blast
playing the shower games!
Of course the best part
was watching Nancy
opening her gifts! It was
a personal shower, so she
got such beautiful nighties
sensual oils,
beautiful candles,
and other assorted
goodies!!!

Later we enjoyed chicken Caesar salad,
bread, wine & sparkling cider!

What a fun afternoon, evening
we had!

Congratulations Nancy,
We love YOU!

I'm linking up with
Cindy over at
My Romantic Home
for
Show & Tell Friday
(okay, I'm really late,
but I was living this...)

Always, Debbie~




4 comments:

joanne said...

The cake is gorgeous! And the cupcake is the darn cutest thing I have ever seen. I might just get married again, to the same man, and ask you to throw the shower. You did a fantastic job and it sounds like everyone had a great time. YAY for you! ..;j

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Wow, I thought you were reading my mind when you wrote about time ... and how it's getting away from us ... and how nothing gets done as quickly as it used to ... But HURRAY for bridal showers! Any party, for that matter. It's so much fun to finally make it to the big day and sit down with friends to ENJOY! Everything looks great, and it seems like all had a wonderful time!

All Things Pretty... said...

what a beautiful shower you hosted! Everything seemed perfect... the cake was dainty and feminine(and it sounds like it was also delicious!). Nice job! :) mercedes

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Debbie,
Thank you for your visit and sweet comment. I hope you took with you a bit of my inspiration,
as I am taking with me some inspiration from over here at your place.

I will see you soon :)
xx
Dore