Thursday, June 3, 2010

My French Lamp "Le Progres"





This is my favorite lamp, I bought it at one of my fave
antique stores in this area years ago, she was known for her glassware,
but had several lamps at any given time. A year or so before,
I'd bought another  gorgeous lamp from her, and one day while visiting
her shop, she told me she had a lamp from the same estate
where my other lamp had come from, and if I was interested
in it, she'd sell it to me! Well needless to say, the second I layed eyes
on it, I knew it had to be MINE!!!

I looove it!

It didn't have the fabulous green shades, they were a garage sale find
from an antique dealer that occasionally had garage sales, it
truly was my lucky day to find two beautiful green shades that
FIT my beautiful French lamp!



~I believe it may be zinc~

I'm linking this with Cindy's blog My Romantic Home
for

and
at A Few of My Favorite Things
for
Favorite Things Friday

Please visit as many of the participants as you can
they're such a CrEaTiVe group of gals!

I enjoy each of your comments and would looove it if
you'd FOLLOW ME!

Always, Debbie~


10 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I like the lamp. Very unique.

raggygirlvintage said...

It's a one of a kind, what a special treasure!
Tracey

Victoria said...

That's a beautiful lamp, it reminds me of something I'd see in an old movie!

Crystal said...

I love lamps....this one is awesome!!! What luck finding the shades!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Now that is definitely my style of lamp!!
Very Victorian looking which I love!!

Lucky you!!

Debbie

The Charm of Home said...

What a beautiful lamp! Looks like a bronze sculpture. Great find on the shades.
Come by my blog and win $50 CSN giveaway.
Sherry

My Dream Canvas said...

Wow this is fabulous!! I would love for you to visit My blog. I am also hosting a Giveaway from CSN for $40 dollars !!

Nishant said...

what a special treasure!
Adsense Alternative

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Hi Debbie! Thank you so much for your sweet comments regarding the Barbie cake I made for my daughter. I hope you will give it a whirl, I'm sure your grandaugthers will love them!

Prior said...

Really nice... I love lamps of that era. Thanks for being my 100th follower!
Lezlee