Thursday, May 13, 2010

Vintage Vanity REmake, REstyle and REused!



A while back we decided to replace the vanity
in our bathroom. One weekend we set off
looking for a vintage vanity that would fit
everything we were looking for! It needed
several drawers, large mirror and above
all else a SWEET COTTAGE FEEL!

It didn't take us long to find our little gem!
It has 6 drawers, drop down mirror with
two side moveable mirrors...perfectly adorable
for our space!

We then decided on a vessel sink and found
a green clear glass one with a vintage look,
we thought it was a bargain at a $100.00.

We picked out new flooring and my MacGiver
installed it beautifully and added gorgeous
new trim along the floor to finish it off.

A couple of days after that, we were
snooping through one of our favorite local
thrift stores and there sitting on the floor was the
most awesome vintage Art Deco sink!!!
I couldn't get to it quick enough and almost fell
over when I saw the price...$9.98! Needless to
say, we scooped it up. (When we paid for it we
found out it was 50% off, what a bargain)!!!

We took back the vessel sink and my
MacGiver was only too happy to adjust
our sweet little vanity to accommodate
our new vintage sink! Our bathroom looks
twice the size now, because our old vanity
went down to the floor, and our new
vanity has legs that show more flooring
giving it such a spacious look!




I couldn't fit the whole vanity in this picture,
but you get the main idea of how it looks,
~*~
I
just
looove
it!



This sits behind the loo, and houses vintage
collectibles, I think it looks out of place now,
it's to the right of the vanity mirror...
What do you think?
Maybe painted WHITE?


~Sweet apron curtian~
This is my window, I have a thing for vintage frogs...
Oh, and have I told you, I looove pansies?

Thank You so much for visiting my blog, I really enjoy ALL your
comments and would looove it if you'd FOLLOW ME!

I'm linking with Cindy over at her fantastic blog
'My Romantic Home'
for

and

'The Shabby Chic Cottage'
for

Always, Debbie~

15 comments:

awal.ny said...

I love the vanity as a bathroom sink. We used a dresser to do the same and I love it. Great job.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm not sure I'd want to change the finish on the collectible hutch...maybe put it in a new room?

My Show n Tell is my finished, newest, watercolor painting...I do hope you can stop by to view it and give me some critique!! Click HERE

Have a great Friday.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

How pretty and unique! I would paint the cabinet white too! Glad I stopped by!

Crystal said...

It looks great!! I've always wanted to try that!! I so think your small cabinet would look better white!

One Cheap B*tch said...

I think your hutch will look fabulous painted white!

Jeanine

Kelee said...

Great idea on the vanity!!!!!!!!!


love,kelee at www.katillacshack.com

Victoria said...

Everything looks lovely! I would definitely paint the hutch white, it'll look great!

Charity said...

What a sweet vanity! I think if you paint your little cabinet white it would look right at home!

awal.ny said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I did have a wonderful day. As for that slipcover, after seeing what you have already done, I know you can do it. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Somebody did some fantastic work installing everything. I know everybody thinks you should paint the little hutch white. But I think you'd have a white out. I like it just as it is.

Debbie~ said...

Thank YOU 'everyone', for leaving comments. I've been so excited to have the vanity done. I still find myself going in to peek at how sweet it looks, now that it's mirror's have been reunited with it...(my MacGiver has had the sink done for some time),he just added the mirrors a few evenings ago! :)
Loving your comments and ideas, thanks sooo much! xo Deb~

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What an adorable vanity and the price on that sink is unreal!! Thanks for coming by.

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh, that is a wonderful idea! And, I love the mirror, too! We are re-doing our bathroom and I've been inspired. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog! Have a wonderful night!

Nishant said...

I love the vanity as a bathroom sink.
Adsense Alternative

Michella Marie said...

I love that mirror!!! It looks so beautiful!!! I think I see a new mirror over our sink VERY soon :))
~ Michella ~
~ ~ xoxo ~ ~